Re: CL_Re: 99.5% satisfaction MA - industry practice ???

  • To: Mark Jurik <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CL_Re: 99.5% satisfaction MA - industry practice ???
  • From: Robert W Cummings <robert.cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:31:36 -0500 (EST)

I've grown weary of this subject as I'm sure you have. My criticism well
that's was more frustration than criticism. Your fine reputation was my
motive to investigate your web site in the first place. I still could take
issue with this subject of tire kickers etc but I'm not going too. The only
reason this post has lasted this long was because I found myself trying to
explain my position of not attacking your character or honesty to other
list members. I wasn't and I'm still not. The issue of venders and free
trials or the lack of has always bothered me. I applaud Pierre and Dennis
for giving free trials and all the other venders that do as well. Got to go
have some tires to kick :)

Robert

 Mark Jurik wrote:
>Robert,
>
>>>So somebody explain what's up with the other vendors concerning this
issue? <<

>Every business develops a policy based on long and short term goals.  You
are welcome to accept or reject it.  Our current policy grew from trial and
error and it appears to work well.

>>>Jurik use the example that you might not read the indicator right in the
manner he designed its use so no free trial. <<

>If you are going to criticize, please get the facts straight.  It's not an
issue of reading an indicator right.  We all know how to read a moving
average.  It's an issue of whether the user has enough time and motivation
during a free trial to discover how to best utilize low lag functions.  It
is our experience that, in general, the answer is no.  Tire kickers
generally want to make a quick decision and move on to something else.
It's human nature.

>>>What would you advise them to do? Just buy and pray the vendor is
telling you the truth after he has your money? <<

>No. That's why we have provided customer feedback lists for anyone's
inspection.  Please go to http://www.jurikres.com/quotes/mainquot.htm and
browse around.  In addition, we also guarantee that our software performs
as advertised. Not even Microsoft offers that.

>>> I like the explanation of the code being broken as a reason for no free
trial the best because that makes sense to me. <<

>Software security is an issue, as it is with all software vendors.
However, we continually come up with new ways, legally and technically, to
minimize loss in that regard.  But if you prefer to accept the security
issue as to why we have no free trials, that's fine with me.  It is an
issue, but it's not the big one, in my opinion.