RE: T-Bond Futures Lead Contract

The difference is that the S&P 500 has a cash settlement (no physical
delivery) and the Bonds have a physical delivery. On First Notice day
for Bonds, you can make or take delivery. Hence, they roll out to the
next contract on first notice day. If you have a long position in Bonds,
you should roll it out the day before 1st notice day.