IE-4.0 & Passwords

My MS Internet Explorer 4.01 Browser used to automatically save Usernames
and Passwords so they didn't need to be entered manually each time I access
a secured or subscription WebSite (i.e. Broker, Data Service, etc.) -- I had
to re-install IE-4.01 and now it always requests a manual keyboard entry of
all usernames and passwords each time I access a WebSite.

I have not been able to find a setting in IE 4.01 to tell it to save the
data and automatically send it.  Does anyone know how to tell IE to do this?

Thanks in advance for any insight--