RE: Tax question - off topic but probably of interest to most

Your advice to see a tax accountant was correct. The form number for
automatic filing extension is Form 4868.  As I read the instructions for
this form, the filing deadline is extended to August 15 but not the deadline
for paying the tax you owe.  Also, the instructions say that Form 4868 must
be accompanied by a check for the amount owed.   It warns that you will be
access interest charges on the unpaid balance from April 15 on and there may
also be a late payment penalty.

I am not qualified to give tax advice.  Just read the IRS instructions.

Jim Walker