Re: Tax question - off topic but probably of interest to most

I guess really get the right answer would be to ask a CPA maybe there is
something he could do. As I understand the law now that was change because
of the reverse of this for tax straddles the news is yes. You would be
liable for the tax because its mark to market on the last trading day of
the year. Your cost basis is the close of the first trading day of the new
year so you can't offset the gain with the loss in the same year. Hope I'm
wrong.

Robert