Re: How Are My TradeStation Version 4 Systems and Stops Converted Whe n Upgrading to TradeStation 2000i?

  • To: "Omega Digest" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How Are My TradeStation Version 4 Systems and Stops Converted Whe n Upgrading to TradeStation 2000i?
  • From: "Jay Becker" <jaymbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:25:45 -0500 (EST)

Sounds like a bunch of BS!!

Jay
----- Original Message -----
From: Melody Blais <Melody.Blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 1999 1:05 PM
Subject: How Are My TradeStation Version 4 Systems and Stops Converted Whe n
Upgrading to TradeStation 2000i?

I apologize if you receive two copies of this post. I sent this to the list
earlier today (at 12:51 p.m.). Since I did not receive it from the list, I
am assuming it did not go through and I am re-sending it.

Dear Omega Research Customer,

Questions have arisen regarding the way TradeStation version 4 systems are
converted during the upgrade to TradeStation 2000i. Specifically questions
were raised concerning how systems are converted into signals and how the
built-in stops are handled. Based on customer feedback, we have made changes
in how this will be handled for the upcoming free Service Pack 1 for 2000i
customers.  I have included the FAQ from the Online Support section of our
web site which will clarify this point.

How Are My TradeStation Version 4 Systems and Stops Converted When Upgrading
to TradeStation 2000i?

In TradeStation 2000i a powerful new concept is introduced where customers
are able to write Signals in EasyLanguage PowerEditor and create Systems
that can call multiple Signals using TradeStation SystemBuilder.

Using TradeStation 2000i Build 480: When converting version 4.0 systems to
Signals, the stops defined on the Stops tab in version 4.0 are not applied.
Stops can be re-added manually to a system using the TradeStation
SystemBuilder.

Using TradeStation 2000i Service Pack 1: When you import Version 4.0 systems
into the EasyLanguage PowerEditor or convert your EasyLanguage studies using
the Upgrade Wizard, the import/conversion process will automatically create
a 2000i System for each version 4 system and stops (now written as signals
in 2000i) are automatically added to the created system with the same
settings that existed in your version 4.0 systems. Check the box next to
Build Systems when you Import the ELA file(s) or use the Upgrade Wizard to
enable this new functionality.

TradeStation 2000i Service Pack 1 is expected to go to production during the
second week in March 1999 and be shipped, free of charge, to all existing
2000i customers by late March.

We thank our customers for the great feedback that has allowed us to improve
TradeStation SystemBuilder.

Sincerely,
Melody A. Blais
Omega Research, Inc.