Re: SP DRs ~ both SPY and the 9 Select Sector Shares [spyders unbundled]

As a sector fund trader (only on the long side) - I've been
following the sector
SPDRs since they came out a few months ago.  Haven't traded
them yet though -
primarily because all but the Technology SPDR have very
little liquidity (i.e.,
there's almost no volume - only 103,000 shares on XLE today
- and that's higher than it was a few weeks ago) - and
relatively large spreads.  Perhaps that will change when
more sectors come into favor - but - for now - I won't touch
them (and it's probably even harder to do them cost
effectively on the short side than the long side).

One suggestion.  These SPDRs are market cap weighted - and
the largest positions
constitute a huge percentage of the stock.  For example - in
Energy - Exxon,
Royal Dutch Petroleum and Mobil make up over 50% of the
SPDR.  The 10 largest
positions account for 75% of the SPDR.  And it's probably a
lot easier to short
XON, RD and MOB than XLE.  Robyn