Re: Futures mag sells opinions?

In a message dated 3/2/99 11:49:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
parks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 This is the very reason why I refuse to subscribe to any magazine, newspaper,
or
 watch with any regularity the news on TV. If I do watch or read something, I
take
 it with a grain of salt. When you think about it, our lives are controlled by
the
 media we read and watch more than we want to believe. It's my opinion we've
 become a society where we allow others to do our thinking for us.

 William >>

This is very true.  The best example I have is this:  A few years back
University Hospital in Tampa Florida was flogged brutally by the media.   The
crux of the flogging was that a man went to the hospital to have a leg
amputated, and according to the media the surgical team cut off the wrong leg.
What the media failed to tell us was that the patient, a diabetic, was to have
BOTH legs eventually removed to improve circulation in the rest of his body.
The patient had repeatedly changed his mind about which leg to amputate first.
So the media hype led us to believe that the patient would have had 1 leg left
had the 'correct' leg been amputated instead of the truth that both legs were
coming off.