Re: TS 2000 Time Stamp, Omega Response

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TS 2000 Time Stamp, Omega Response
  • From: Carroll Slemaker <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:09:43 -0500 (EST)

sptrader wrote:

> If the time stamp has the option of being set by pc or datafeed-
> why would anyone select pc ? - with the new tick by tick accuracy
> of TS2000i it is critical the the time stamp not vary from one
> individual to another, in case paste -in data is needed.

I have found that the time stamp on the data received from DBC is NOT
that of the originating exchange - it is attached independently at each
of several DBC distribution points and CAN differ for different users.
I once compared data I collected in So. California with that collected
in Florida by Omega, and the time stamps differed!  I've seen the same
result when comparing my data with that from other subscribers.  So do
NOT assume that your time stamp for any tick will be identical to the
stamp for that same tick collected by a different user.

Carroll Slemaker