Re: Futures mag sells opinions?

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:52:19 +0500,  David Cicia wrote:

>Well guess what. This month BW has an ad in their mag, and low and behold -
>they print 2 long letters to the editor (I strongly suspect, because of
>their style and lavish wording, written by BW himself!!) glowingly praising
>his trading prowess, his courses, etc etc. I have never seen so much space
>devoted to free testimonials before. I could puke because it is all lies -
>and BIG ones at that!

I expect that I am not the only one that quietly appreciates you and
others of even greater harshness publishing your personal experiences
with vendors.  I might prefer them a little less steaming, but given
the choice of not hearing them at all or having them offensive I would
gasp but request that they keep being written.  I wish to point out
however that Futures printing opposing views to it's review in the
letters to the editor section is a commendable action on their part
and a journalistic tradition.

What would be worthy of indignation is the refusal to print a
respectable, but opposing viewpoint to a favorable review as well as
an unfavorable one.

For a couple of decades part of my professional responsibilities
included writing  "corrective" letters in response to items in
periodicals that could benefit from some balance.  Your comments,
however helpful to this limited group would be magnified by the much
greater circulation if published in TASC or Futures.  If you would
like some encouragement and assistance in doing this I am willing to
help.

Fred