Re:TS 2000 Time Stamp, Omega Response

I guess that you want to throw standardization out the window, huh? Once
you open the "choice" of pc vs datafeed timestamp can of worms, then you've
done just that!

Now I can import data collected from a TS4 server in BMI format and not
worry about the timestamp or how it was collected. In TS2000i, your
"choice" could easily turn into a corrupted database disaster. Datafeed
timing errors are rare, but pc timing errors from simple uncorrected drift
can load you into a boatload of trouble.

Tony Haas

Sentinel Trading wrote:
>Here is an interesting issue, DTN once sent the wrong time to the Box over
>night, all the time for the next day's data was bad in fact the program I was
>running even reset our computers all files created that day had to be
fixed with
>scan disk. DTN could only fix the box over night. I was able to fix the data,
>the next morning. If you were using your computer clock and set it each
day that
>would not happen. So the ability to use which ever suits the user is
important.