Re: TradeStation 2000i and compatible data formats

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TradeStation 2000i and compatible data formats
  • From: Neal Hughes <neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:00:23 -0500 (EST)

>It is a very simple matter to test this.  Just have someone from Omega
download
>the *free* Y2K compliant version of the Equis downloader from the Equis site
>(it's the Reuters only version) - and enter some data into it manually -
>spanning the time from the end of 1999 through the end of 2000 - or 2001 -
maybe
>2002 (you can use monthly data - so it might take someone all of an hour
to do
>the whole thing in a rudimentary fashion).  If there's no one at Omega who
>can/will do this - I will volunteer my services as a beta tester - and report
>back to you (and if it works - I'll pay you for the product).

Here's an alternative...

If you don't get any help, send me email. I'm really too busy to
mess with this, but will do what I can.

If you create a Metastock data-file (or 3 or 4), and then compress (zip)
the directory and any sub directories which are involved, then
email the zipped file to me (privately, no need to send it to the
list), I'll try it in TradeStation 2000i ProSuite.

Since I'm not any part of Omega, I'll not be able to make
any guarantees about data compatibility (etc) but will do what I can
to help another trader.

If someone else has time on their hands and can help with this (thus relieving
me of the overload), please jump in! Lets work together to solve problems
so we can focus on trading!

Best wishes,
-Neal.

Neal on the 'net.