Re: Omega Announces Prices for Products

At 07:40 PM 2/22/99 -0500, greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Is it simply a matter of having the program scan my disk for data in
>Metastock format - setting up the charts - and then having them update
>automatically when I download new data (which I do through the Downloader

I do need to reload the chart to get the latest Metastock Data.
Perhaps the old "page-down - page-up" trick will work, I've not
tried it. I just close my workspace and reopen it.

>from Equis).  This may sound like a stupid question - but one of the
>salespeople from Omega told me I'd have to reload my charts every time I
>updated the data.  Also - are you actually reading data from the new
>Downloader 6.52 (Y2K ok format)?

Gee, I don't know. I get EOD data from Genesis, that data can also be read
in my
MetaStock 6.5 no problem, but I don't know if it is the new format or not.

> FWIW - the people from Omega told me I'd have to rewrite all my
>indicators/shows me's/systems etc. because I couldn't cut and paste out of of
>SuperCharts 2.1 - but that's simply a weekend project - not a big deal.

I don't have SuperCharts, can't help with that one.

>BTW - I've noticed that a lot of people here are pretty hostile about Omega.
>All I can say is I've been happy with my program for 5 years.  And that if
>Omega isn't the greatest - it isn't alone.  I ordered the new Y2K ok versions
>of the Downloader and Metastock last week - and got the old non-compliant
>versions of the programs in the mail today.   Why companies whose business is
>data are so insensitive to this Y2K thing is a total mystery to me.  Robyn

It is normal for humans to be critical, and the critical ones are
more vocal than the happy ones. I seldom see happy news on TV either..
Yes, software is a difficult arena, they screw up all the time, as a trader
I have to control that which is actually in my control, and double-check
that which is not. Rather than be critical, it helps to learn to adjust and
win despite the setbacks..

-Neal.

>Neal Hughes wrote:
>
>> The version I have does display daily charts from MetaStock data,
>> and does import Version 4 *.omz files, and does import Version 4
>> ELA's.
>>
>> So far I like it.
>>
>> -Neal.

Neal on the 'net.