[Fwd: Protecting your software and data interests from developer monopolies in Y2K]

  • To: Omega- List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [Fwd: Protecting your software and data interests from developer monopolies in Y2K]
  • From: The Funkhousers <l-funkho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:00:00 -0500 (EST)

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:54:20 -0500
From: The Funkhousers <l-funkho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
	CSI Director of Sales and Technical Support <rudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Given the fact that you have copyrighted the format do you really believe
that all vendors, whether of programs or data, will adopt them.  Sounds like
you want to become the "Microsoft" of the data business.

An "open" standard is what's necessary so all can compete on the basis of
who can serve the using customer the best.

Richard Funkhouser