From: Clint Chastain +ADw-flag+AEA-cwixmail.com+AD4-
To: Omega List +ADw-omega-list+AEA-eskimo.com+AD4-
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 1999 4:04 PM
Subject: Chandelier Exit Snag

+AD4-I've been tinkering once again with the Chandelier Exit using something
+AD4-along the lines of, for example,
+AD4-
+AD4-If H +AD4- L+-Fac+ACo-Average(TrueRange,ATRLen) then ExitLong   or
+AD4-If L +ADw- H-Fac+ACo-Average(TrueRange,ATRLen) then ExitShort
+AD4-
+AD4-A problem I've noticed is that in some markets it tends to trip too early
on
+AD4-some occasions. For example, in watching DELL, it will be bobbing along in
3
+AD4-min bars between roughly 81 and 84 and then you'll get one or two ticks at
+AD4-78 which trigger the short exit+ADs- meanwhile Dell returns to bobbing along
+AD4-between 80 and 83, say.
+AD4-
+AD4-Presumably, in this example, the 78's are bad ticks and you could edit or
+AD4-ignore them. But sometimes its not all that clear - say the markets between
+AD4-80 and 82 for the past 15 min and then you get two ticks at 79.375 and then
+AD4-the market returns to 80 - 82 range. Are those bad ticks? Should I pay
+AD4-attention to the Chandelier short exit that just tripped?
+AD4-
+AD4-One work around might be to require the exit to trip twice in a row, but
+AD4-then that might reduce the effectiveness of the exit.
+AD4-
+AD4-Anybody have any thoughts on this?
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-Clint
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-PS I originally sent this to the Code list but it never appeared there that
+AD4-I could see. Maybe I am unsubscribed there, or maybe I just don't know how
+AD4-to send a proper email. Anyway, sorry if this winds up cross posting.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-