The good news??

A few days back I posted a note about ..... if we could just get some
good news... the market would breakout.......   Well..... today...I
noticed at the time of this post the S&P is up 30 points.  I haven't
looked at my charts yet..... but I'm sure this will have an impact on
the overall picture.   Now the question...... What was in the news today
to spark a 30 point rise in the S&P?... and how about the DJIA
139..higher..... ???   I could not find anything to give an indication
that things have become better or whatever.... US 30Yr Bonds are
down....expected that.  The charts I've seen seem to indicate an overall
downtrend.  Did someone notice anything which we can attribute to this
recent move?

John