Re: AIQ & TradeStation

Regarding AIQ & TS, I find both useful - but for different purposes. They
are not equivalent products.

I had hoped that the new AIQ Pro or AIQ Plus - whatever they're calling it
now - would be a real breakthrough, both in terms of price and performance.
And it is a clear improvement; each generation of their software has always
been a definite improvement over the last. Unfortunately, AIQ is still no
match for Tradestation in terms of versatility or customized programming.

For instance, you can now plot  RT intraday charts of any interval (e.g.,1
min, 2 min, 3 min etc.) but you can only apply certain canned indicators to
them. True, you can program your own indicators (to an extent) but those can
only be applied to daily and weekly charts, not intraday charts!

Another aggravation: no real-time intraday data is actually stored on the
local machine. Your machine has to fetch tick data as needed from the
TracData internet servers. Results: 1) can't do much in the way of after
hours analysis because you never know when the TracData servers will reset
for tomorrow. 2) Users are left at the mercy of TracData - they decide (not
the user) how much intraday data history will be made available (typically
only 1-5 days); they decide on their computer maintenance schedules; they
decide on the basis of capacity ultization just how many servers will be
dedicated to RT data vs. daily data - so server connection and access is
sometimes a problem; 3) all servers seem to have the same ticker symbols
available but each server seems to have different amounts of data available
for a given symbol so you never know what your going to get when you log on.

Bottom line: I find AIQ most useful for portfolio work, longer term work
with mutual funds, and discretionary position trading with stocks. It also
has powerful screening tools which I find helpful in selecting stocks to
subsequently day trade using Tradestation.

BTW, interested parties may want to download a trial version of TracData's
myTrack program. It alone won't make you any money, but it is quite a clever
combination of quotes and news in one little pop up window.

No affiliation with the products or companies. Just one user's perspective.

Clint