128megs ram or better

David wrote:

I read that Omega is recommending 128k ram for TS2000.
When I see things like that I always wonder if that is the minimum
required?
If any of the beta testers could shed some light on this I would
appreciate it.
I am getting a new pc and would like to know how much ram to get.

Thanks David
**

    TS200i will run fine in a 64meg ram environment with NT 4.00sp3 and
somewhat adequate with win95/98. The problems with memory shortage shows
when you follow 10k plus symbols or have an equivalent number of
workspaces/windows opened with multiple indicators/systems running.

    Having more than 10k plus symbols you will need a corresponding amount
of memory. The best way is to only load the symbols you trade or follow.
This would of course not be possible for whole market screens, but capturing
10k plus symbols will leave you with many missing ticks anyway so there's
the rub.

    With a internet database with historical data available at your call,
would certainly take the load off your server and provide data as needed to
be later dumped when not needed.

        -=-jimmy-=-