Re: Internet data feed - security risk?

official reply below:  mb

Mark,

your setup sounds like the ultimate vaporstation. Using such a setup
requires confidence in the setup on the other end since a large
investment for the server is required ...... You might like to check the
PCQuote annual reports to give you some idea of your task and the
financial prospects :-) PQT

***we have the pcq and the spc servers running, however we think we may use
another or some combination of several..

Delivering all realtime data through the internet is a big task for the
server end - furthermore the Internet is still not as reliable as VSAT
terminals. The preferred method is to have realtime via satellite updating
local databases and having the opportunity to pull historical or other data
from the mainframe via Internet. Bridge and Reuters are already going this
way.

***we have this now and we are only working on the bugs, unless someone
wants to pay us 1000.00 to debug it for us..its a joke

I guess you want to take them head-on. Please send me a free beta-version.

***we have a much harder head than any so a head on approach will surely put
us in the winners circle.  i am putting into the program the flexibility
that i would want in an application.  I am allowing it to be open and there
are many details that i will not expose here for fear of putting omega in
shock..paybacks are hell.. especially in the vaporware business..

***you and several others who wish to give input to the project are welcomed
to beta test the product complete with data, just think when the product
comes out a free trial of longer than 30 days will be allowed and it will be
provided with data so that you can actually use the program and not have to
play with hardware.

***also those who wish to be third party product providers need to contact
me so i can start giving you information on how to program the hooks into
our program and data feed.  all things are possible when you are motivated
and i have been motivated to do this for some time...

Gerrit