RE: Internet data feed - security risk?

Guys,

It sounds like regular internet security concern and a firewall is the
solution.

It is not particulaly related to Signal Online, someone can wipe you disk or
steal priceless *.ela files one minute after you got connection to your ISP
to download new portion of Mark Brown epos ... :-)

I don't see a reason why hacker would be interested in stealing ticks you
paid for.

Another topic is if you are placing oders via Internet with something like
LEO software.
But in this case all sensative info (like account number, transaction nuber,
etc)
is/should be encripted when it enters the net.

Internet feed is not better than satellite, but there are places where
satellite feed is
not available (to get reliable feed I have to install 3 meter diameter
dish).
It also allows you to use single media to receive quotes; place orders
(supposed to
be faster than regular call to your broker, expecially if long distance or
international)

I use Signal Online but my problem is their customer service, not internet
security ...

Regards,

~e