Re: Projecting values needed to make indicators cross?

Some indicators can be projected and some cannot.  The MA or the MACD can be
projected but Stochastics and CCI cannot because they involve multiple
variables and there are an infinite number of solutions that could yield the
same value.  By the way, the MACD solution was published in the Nov/Dec98
issue of TS Express.

At 08:51 AM 2/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Is it at all possible to code something up that would dump to a text file
>the prices at which certain indicators would cross over one another (like
>where a 9-bar MA would cross an 18-bar MA) at a certain time (near the
>close) of the trading day?  The idea is to have a list of prices at which to
>place stop-close orders, so if the market gets to that point I'll have
>gotten into the market and won't have had to wait to see where the
>indicators crossed and possibly have missed the opportunity to make the
>trade.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Peter

William Brower