Fw: Ts and Memory

-----Original Message-----
From: sptrader <sptrader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Kevin <kevin@xxxxxxxx>; Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: Ts and Memory

If you are running Windows 98, there is a free application provided by Microsoft called
"System Monitor".   It in the Accessories Group under System Tools.   You can also search
for the program is C:\WINDOWS\SYSMON.EXE.   This program may be in Windows 95 as well.

There are several useful parameters than can be monitored.   Under the category "Memory
Manager" there is a parameter called "Unused Physical Memory".   I am not that
knowledgeable on the Memory Manager, but it would seem if Unused Physical Memory is
greater than a couple of Meg, Windows 98 is probably not using the Page File that much.

If you have the Dial-up Adapter installed, another useful parameter in the Category
"Dial-up Adapter" is "Dial-up Adapter: Connection Speed".   This parameter reports the
speed of your connection to the internet.   For example when I am connected tot he
internet with my V.90 modem, the reported modem speed varies from 40K to 44K - depending
on the line connection.