FRB Web Site - Food for thought

Came across an interesting web site the other night - the Federal Reserve
Bank of New York.
The research section contains links to dozens of the FRB's own academic
research articles on the  market, as well as articles on the nations banking
system. If this is old news, please forgive, but I myself couldn't stop
reading.

Here's a sampling of topics:

analysis of broker trading patterns with application to order flow
analysis of the accuracy of market guru forecasts with respect to method of
compensation
market liquidity and trader welfare in multiple dealer markets
analysis of the effects of  several categories of the news headlines on
intra-day bond prices
long term effects of bank consolidations on the inner city bankless  (oh hum
on that one)
rethinking the value of initial jobless claims as a forecasting tool
adverse selection costs faced by market makers executing for dual trading
customers in the s+ACY-p pit

And so on. I think selection and availability change from time to time. But,
access to the article archives and subscription to their newsletter on
banking and market research are both free.

enjoy

Clint

-Just remember: wherever you go, well, there you are. - Buckaroo Bonsai-