Re: Its a weekend, joke time!!

Dan C. wrote:
>.....Conservatives want to focus on the underlying principle:
>He lied, and that's wrong.....

Sure lying is wrong but, as I'm sure everyone is aware, it's
also illegal if done while under oath. That distinction is
of paramount importance here and seems to get lost in the
shuffle from time to time.

>....Most Americans, while accepting the principle, continue to temper it by looking
>at the particulars: He lied about sex, not about a fundamental decision of

Personally, I have a hard time reconciling the fact that
there are people who have served (and are now serving) time
in prison for the same conduct in which Clinton allegedly
engaged. In short, most Americans seem to be unable to draw
a distinction between a "principle" and a "rule of law".

Best regards,
Jim