Re: Omega News Release

Dans un courrier daté du 21/01/99 03:23:21 Heure d3iver Pari21 Madrid,
markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

>  *****Ok so they will only have DBC/BMI internet data feed, why doesn't that
>  surprise me?

Best thing to do is to wait their  TS2000 server intrfaces during this year.
You will see...

>  This means that they do not plan for the moment to develop for ComStock on
>  the  Net, but believe me , they will do it with ComStock Xpress feed.
>
>  *****They cant solve the historical data storage problem, maybe I'll sell
>  them my solution.   Besides even if they do they themselves couldn't be
>  counted on to deliver dependable real time data.  I doubt that Bill and
>  Ralph will want to get into the data feed business, they cant even paste
out
>  and furnish historical tick data to their clients now.

We all know that you are planning to do some business with Omega ( a secret
dream, not obvious to anyone).
In the meantime, we have no more information available.
If Omega, well known as a serious company in this industry (they are
themselves on the stock market- see OMGA on the Nasdaq-) announces that they
will do something, it's hard to believe that it could be vapordevelment or
vaporanything.

>  This was one of the main  reason why I travelled to Miami 1 1/2 years ago:
>  To keep the ComStock compatibility, because it is one of the the most
>  interesting feed in Europe (Xpress feed 64kb, not the current 19.2
>  kb).Covers  stocks, options , bonds and so on. ( and not only futures).
>
>  *****Actually PC Quote has a new feed that is twice (thats 2 times)  as
fast
>  as SP Comstocks.    You are a patient man PO you have waited a year and a
>  half now.  And SP Comstocks data feed was real fast back then.

PC quote is not available by satellite in Europe, but Comstock is.
They currently broadcast at 64kb with Xpress feed, and can do it at 128k or
even 256k if necessary ( it's only a bandpass problem, not a speed problem).
More, I do not know if they braodcast all of the symbols that Comstock has
regarding to the European markets.

Yes , I'm patient. Very patient.
Anything leading to success needs patience before anything.

>  *****BTW NEWS FLASH  !!!!!    FUTURESOURCE HAS BEEN BOUGHT OUT BY BRIDGE
>  !!!!!

What is the source of this information ?
To the best of my knowledge, FutureSource is owned by the same company than
Futures Magazine.

  Sincerely,

  -Pierre Orphelin
  Thank You for your discontinued Support