Re: Omega News Release

Dans un courrier daté du 20/01/99 23:02:23 Heure d11iver Pari23 Madrid,
markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

(snip)
>  >and PC Quote,>Inc.'s Hyperfeed(TM) (Internet and Broadcast).
> >Agreements or>arrangements are also in place to add, later this year, as
compatible
>  >real-time data services, FutureSource Information Systems, Inc.'s MDS
>  >network datafeed and its stand-alone datafeed, and Standard & Poor's
>  >ComStock's Xpressfeed(TM).
>
>  >now is this vapor news or the real thing.....time does not tell
>  us......will
>  >see
>

>  PC Quote : Because I am developing a TS repacement I can tell you for a
>  fact!  That when I talked to PC Quote just before Christmas they old me
that
>  Omega had no deal with them!  Call and ask them..
>
>  DTN : DITTO they are developing their own software "ONLY" for the internet.
>
>  SPComstock : DITTO no one there in commercial sales has heard of this..
>
>  Cant speak for the others but I do know that FutureSource has another
>  software product for the internet and it isn't Omega.
>
>  Believe what the hell you want to, it doesn't seem to matter how much proof
>  I come up with.  I can tell you this if they do release whatever they are
>  going to call it in Feb.  It will not run on the data feeds I mentioned
>  above.  Mark Brown

Read again the above Omega messages and you will see that for ComStock and
FutureSource, TS2000 will be compatible with the standalone datafeed, and that
internet was NOT mentioned  as it was the case for DBC.

This means that they do not plan for the moment to develop for ComStock on the
Net, but believe me , they will do it with ComStock Xpress feed.
This was one of the main  reason why I travelled to Miami 1 1/2 years ago:
To keep the ComStock compatibility, because it is one of the the most
interesting feed in Europe (Xpress feed 64kb, not the current 19.2 kb).Covers
stocks, options , bonds and so on. ( and not only futures).

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
Thank You for your discontinued Support