Series vs Simple functions/indicators

I want to make sure I understand this "series" vs "simple" function thing
in the PowerEditor.  Below is a statement of my current understanding.  Can
anyone validate or correct this?  Is there any related gotcha's that I
should be aware of?

1) If I don't specify a setting, TS will decide whether my function should
be series or simple by how I access my variables AND functions correct?

1a) If my code references a SIMPLE function with the []'s, my code will be
labeled Series.

1b) If my code references a variable with []'s, my code will be labeled
Series.

1c) If neither 1a or 1b are met, my code will be labeled Simple.

2) The only difference in having my function/indicator labeled as Series is
that it requires more storage since it saves "an array" of the values so
that it can pull them up via []'s in future bars.

2a) These automagic arrays are of size MaxBarsBack.

2b) Does it store an array for EVERY variable and EVERY function my code
references or just the ones I use []'s on?

2c) The only disadvantage to having code labeled as Series is that it takes
up more memory and speeds your aquaintence with the unfortunate 64K limit.
True?

Thanks much,
Dave