Re: Omega Dongle

Dans un courrier daté du 16/01/99 09:08:24 Heure d9iver Pari24 Madrid,
cayenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> Jeez, what's your problem? Why the vehement post? TradeStation isn't going
>  to cost you one dime more since you own a copy legitimately, as do I.
>  SafeSoft is history. Unfortunately, apologists for Omega, like you, are
not.

Yes. I'm still alive and still making money with the Omega software and
trading systemes developped with our tools.
Thanks Omega. Without this software, I could not have developped such things.
You may rely on me as an indefectible Omega apologist and supporter.

>  	What IS a problem is the fact that Omega has failed to provide us with a
>  Y2K fix. One would think, if thay had figured it out, they would make it
>  available. Even at a cost, altho that would be unfair...but they have not
>  even given us that option. What gives, Pierre?

This Safesoft discussion is typical of a crooked discussion.

What's the relationship with Yk2 problem ?
Nothing excepted the following:
Yk2 patch not yet available ==> Omega is unfair ==>  as they are unfair, I am
a victim.
==>So, as a victim, I have the right to get a compensation.
==> So I have the right to make illegal copies with Safesoft (see above).

Of course, it's not obvious in your mind, but it's easy to read between lines

Safesoft claims that their software is not made to make illegal copies, and
only replace the security block for the case.
This is the varnish over the lie.
Do not resist to a slight scratch

Most of Safesoft users do the following:
If they have a legal copy, they use it to make duplicates for their own use.
This is illegal.
If you need several TS copies, you need to buy them.
If you do not think so, please avod any further discussion with moral
principles in it.
The fact is that doing so, you broke the Contract License.

An other use of Safesoft is to make illegal copies for others.
This use is widely obvious here.
I know that there are a lot of TS copies that cost nothing to the user.
I habve been told that there a re a lot in Italy, that most of the copies used
in Eastern Europe work without taking care of any security block.
Due to my official position, i'm of course  the less informed of the
situation.
But even with this, I know, and have been told several times of the problem,
even here in France.
Useless to say that the problem is not located in Europe...

It costs to you,  the legal user who pays for development of further versions.
Bootlegging TS copies or doing anything in this sense ( like promoting,
defending , giving the address of Safesoft...) targets the same goal: Helping
piracy and  and enforcing regular user to pay higher prices for newer
versions.

Do you think that Omega pays their employees with Xerox US$ banknotes ?
Do you think that upgrading and building new software like TS2000 costs
nothing ?

In a nutshell, all of this discussion is the proof that we have irresponsible
peole when they defend the undefendable causes.

>  Jim
>
>  	And D'ONT even THINK about giving me any crap about Bullseye. Where's the
>  fix?

I do not care of what you do with TS, name this bullseye or whatever you want.
The fact is that like anyone here, you are using TS copies to do you own
homework.

At the risk of repeating unnecessary things, you may fall into two categories:
-Either you work with TS and your results are good, so you cannot be
unsatisfied of the initial purchase ( TS), and the cost of TS or any extra
copy should not be  a problem for you.

- Or your trading results are not what you expected, bringing some questions.
Instead of going into piracy territory ar Yk2 patch that are not the current
problem, you should ask first the killing question:
If some traders succeed with TS and if I do not, who is guilty ?
Any answer involving the software in it is misleading you.

For ending, all of us use TS.
All of us have not the same abilities in programming , research , trading.
These facts are dependent of individuals, not of the sofware.
No other software has been proved for the moment as flexible and powerful as
TS still is.
Otherwise, why Omega list could existy  with more than 1000 members if there
were no users ?

Who uses any othe software that is better than TS among the 1000 people on
this list?
If this one was existing, ow is it possible that we are not informed of its
existence, and why the user of  TS_replacement are still on this list and
still using TS ?

Ah!...

-Pierre Orphelin