TS 4.0 Database

Does anyone have the procedure for reducing the size of the 40BONN.DAT and
40BONN5.DAT files by copying-out data and re-creating the files in a smaller
format?  It was posted here several months ago.

Due to a bug in the TS server that erroneously marks active Option contracts
as expired-- it was recommended that I disable the morning update function
in the server-- this causes the database files to grow very large over time
and 40BONN is now 1.3 Gig.  My system is running very sluggish when the
server is collecting R/T data, so I want to reduce the size of the data files.

Thanks for any information.