Re: E-Trading Disclaimers

At 08:33 AM 1/14/99 +0100, Gerrit Jacobsen wrote:
>Michael,
>
>The only solution I can see regarding the problem that the brokers do
>not appear to have received the order but have actually received it
>is that the software offers the possibility to retrieve manually
>(interaction by user) from the mainframe the status of all open
>orders and closed deals. This way you can always check the status
>before entering trades twice or more.

Unless part of your problem is your software crashed/disconnected & you
need to know *right now* because the mkt's in freefall

>One other big problem with electronic trading is the audit trail. On
>my phone I can always switch on the tape recorder but most software
>is dumb - no user interaction is tracked.

I was told that the trades logged in my execution window can be exported as
an ASCII file so I can have a permanent record of that day's trades. I do
this religiously after *every* trade. If I have a time-stamped trade in my
log, they have to defer to it in a dispute

Michael