Re: "Picture.exe" :: old Horse

In a message dated 1/12/99 11:42:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, dan@xxxxxx
control.com writes:

<< Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're "discovering" them, but
 it's a pity they can only detect but NOT remove them.
 Can't wait until they "discover" Master's Paradise, which is
 far nastier than Picture.exe.

 Some software (just not McAfee) has the ability to detect AND
 remove the these (and many other) trojans.  It costs about
 $20. >>

That's hits the spot.

"Discovering" and advertising the discovery via the stupid media sounds like
great marketing technique.  Of course, if I were the CEO of one of these
companies I would  always make sure the pipeline was full thereby justifying
subsequent $20 sales of software.  Bread & Butter 101.