Re: TOPS DISRUPTION

> >There was a network disruption at the CME this morning at 9:18 am Chicago
> >time which has disrupted our networks.
>
> This has gone beyond ridiculous. I think it's time for regulatory action.
> Has anyone notified the CFTC? Its time to bring the hammer down.

A comparison of how 2 firms handle these electronic problems....
(paraphrasing their messages) <g>

S&P
LFG (today).... CUBS sucks, trade the mini (this after weeks of lost
  S&P orders)
Lind Online (a month ago).... CUBS sucks, your electronic orders will be
  printed at the pit and arbed in (still are)

Mini
LFG (today).... 10:11 cst - we haven't been able to connect to TOPS for
  the last 30 minutes, you are SOL because we don't have any backup....
  10:42 - tops restored (downtime 1 hour 20 minutes)
Lind Online (today)... 9:20 cst - TOPS is down, we are routing your
  orders manually... 9:30 - TOPS is up, business as usual (NO downtime)

DOH! ANY electronic system can have problems. The real test is how the
broker handles these problems. They should be handled transparently by
the broker with the trader not having to do ANYTHING different (except
maybe wait a little longer for fill reports).

--
   Dennis