Re: Contract label changes

Michael Guess <mjg@xxxxxxx> writes:
>After the 1st, I & another TS user noticed our symbol universe had changed
>the labeling for our SP futures contracts from (eg) SP8Z to SP98Z. Others
>became SPH90 (from SP8H I guess since I didn't collect any 1990 contracts),
>SPH98, SPM98, & SPU98.

Isn't that the way contracts are marked "expired?"

>My friend changed his back. I don't want to lose my data so I wonder if
>it's ok to do so. Suggestions?

Might be a convenient way to "un-expire" those 2000 contracts if your
morning update has terminated them - just rename them back.  I just
unchecked the "mark expired contracts" in the morning update tab,
which has been dutifully adding Y2K contracts, and I'll see if they
survive as the days go by.  It's convenient for morning update to add
the things, and if I can keep it from expiring them, that'll be great.

Jim