Excel question

Hi -
Yet another Excel question ;) - is there any way to manipulate time so it
can be used as a simple number?  For example, how would I take "25 minutes"
(0:25) and change it to simply "25" for use in a formula?  What I'm trying
to do is rank how efficient my exits are, the idea being to watch the market
for up to an hour after I exit a day trade to see how much further in my
favor/against me the market moves, and at what time it makes it's most
favorable move after I get out.  I want to compute a score based on this,
incorporating how much more time I should have held on as a negative impact
on my score.  I'm sure it's some simple routine, but I haven't been able to
figure it out from the online help and lack a manual, so if anyone can help
me out, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Peter