Re: Day Trading

Campy444 pointed out:

>ok, heard about enough bs about how it's impossible to daytrade for a
living.
>it can be done, has been done, and there will always be those successful at
>it. surely ain't like winning the lottery 5 days a week for 10 years, how
>absurd.  (etc.)

Well, when it comes right down to it, my next-door neighbor earns his living
by
day-trading the S&P.  Seems to do right well at it.  He was kind enough to
show
me his trading technique--I think he assumed I would not understand it--and
it's
so simple I'd almost be embarrassed to use it.  (Fortunately, the issue does
not arise; day-trading just isn't my thing, no matter how profitable it
might be
for a few others.)

It's worth noting that he learned his business, and earned his capital, in
15
years as a floor trader.  It looks like there may be no way out but to pay
your
dues the hard way.  Some talent probably helps, and a headset that rejects
the urge to complicate things.  But it can be done.

Owen Davies