Re: TS strangeness - question

  • To: logical@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TS strangeness - question
  • From: Carroll Slemaker <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:34:54 -0500 (EST)

Phil wrote:

> My friend is using this ratty old Signal FM feed. Lots
> of missing ticks, so he didn't get the same signals as
> I did with identical systems.
>
> So I made up an OMZ file with my official tick data,
> laplinked it to his computer, and Auto-Pasted it in.
> But it still doesn't work right.

Make sure that not only are all the prices identical, but all the time
stamps are identical as well.  It might also be a good idea to check a
sample of individual bars (at whatever time-resolution the systems are
using) to ensure that corresponding bars (yours and your friend's)
include exactly the same ticks (same OHLC).

A final check might be to paste the same OMZ file back into your own
database and check the results.  Still the same, or not???

Carroll S.