Re: Corrupted file downloaded from Sirtrade.com

Dans un courrier daté du 09/11/98 21:03:52 Heure d9iver Pari52 Madrid, Frank
Koch.de a écrit :

> Did you test the new version of your software or is this the result of the
> first replay of a potential customer/beta tester?
>  Thanks
>  Frank Koch

First, I do not see why you post this to Omega List.

Now, if you want to help me to speak (again?) of our software on this list,
this is the best way to do it.
You do not need to push me ahead anymore before I jump into it.

We of course usually test our software, and the file that was available for
download ( a part of the TradeStation indicator that generates trading files
for The Assistant for Expert Traders V2) was not corrupted in any manner.
It was not working as expected because it produced nothing ( DLL function
called from Easy Language was not present -linked- in the DLL- because this
file was not intended to be sent).

I have received this file the same day  when uploading the monster web site
before leaving for 7 days, only to keep the announced delay. Due to web
hosting problems, uploading problems, %%$à@}^ FrontPage98 and the like, the
web site has been finished to upload at 06:00 in the morning.

Considering this and the large time that I have stupidly  given to Omega List
instead of doing this mandatory verification ( I often trust too much
JewelSoft that seldom produces bugs in their software that I bypassed  the
verification this day). Precisely the day where it should not apply...(
Murphy's law and the rest).

I was able to fix the error only when coming back, therefore the message that
you have received with the DLL ( linked) that  works now as expected.

We could have said nothing and upload a new version,  innocently sending a DLL
fix upon request.
But this is not how we operate.
We have made a mistake. We wrote that we made a mistake. It was a mistake and
we are also able to do mistakes, but we carefully avoid when possible.
It has been fixed now, and we have done this as soon as possible, trying to
miss nobody.

Anyone could download the free software and play with it now.
The Assistant version that is availble for download is currentlty 2.07d.
This means that there have been more than  20 versions during the alpha test
period,more than 10 during beta test.

Now, I would be curious to see if you are finding something more inteseting
with the free automated search software.

Rgds,

-Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com