Re: The Linux of Financial Trading Systems

>Sounds like a noble effort. However, I think most of the goals David
>stated will be fulfilled by TradeLab. It hasn't been released yet but I
>trust the integrity of Bob Brickey. Seems like TL might be a good
>starting point to avoid reinventing the wheel.   (etc.)

I'd agree, save for one thing.  It sounds like David's project may run
under Linux.  TradeLab is a Windows program, isn't it?  Unless it
can be reworked to run under Linux, TradeLab will inherit all the
bugs of its operating system.  That doesn't fit my definition of
mission-critical software.  And I want software I can trust as much
as I want a technical analysis program without Omega's bugs and
design flaws.

Owen Davies (usually a lurker)