Re: BMI splitter: Y- serial cable / serial hub box?

The difference is that the BMI Box does not require that the computer(s)
talk to it in order to tell it when to send and when to *not* send data.
That is why it is fairly simple to split the feed from the BMI box with
simple ribbon cables and connectors.

The DBC box DOES require that the computer tell it when to talk and when to
shut-up.  This is why its feed cannot easily be split to more than one
computer.

In addition, the DBC box is limited to a total of 800 Symbols, while the BMI
box is unlimited.