Re: Random entries + LeBeau exit = Profitable system

Mike Gossland <gossland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

>>> I would like to test this exit strategy (and others) during live intraday
>>> trading.  A question: How can I tell a TS System that I entered a position
>>> Long at $105.00 at 2:14PM, so the System would indicate the actual position
>>> entry on the chart, then apply and plot the exit strategy from that point
>>> forward on the chart?
>>
>>input: ent_date(981102), ent_time(1414), buy_sell("buy");
>>
>>if date = ent_date and time = ent_time then begin
>>  if buy_sell = "buy" then buy else
>>  if buy_sell = "sell" then sell;
>>end;
>>
>>--
>>   Dennis
>

>This kind of thing is one of the troubles with TS that causes people to look elsewhere for >trading software.
>
>You'd think it should be easy to say I bought at a particular time at a particular price. >Well, guess what - it isn't.
>
>With great respect to Dennis, the code above only partially addresses the problem. First of >all, you'd have to be running on a 1 minute chart to get the time of 1414 to match any >bar's time and generate the signal. Second, there's no provision for specifying price, >since the buy and sell signals will act on the close of that bar. You'll get whatever price >the close is, rather than the desired $105.00. Perhaps it's a small error, but on bigger >bars, it can be a real pain.
>
>Mike Gossland

Mike is right that it is difficult to input a price and get that exact
price on the system tracking log.  I sometimes have to shorten the bar
time when I get a tall bar in order to find a price close to the one I
buy.   Below is the code for a force-buy system I have been using which
allows up to 4 separate entries.   It requires the price AND the time
for each entry.  The time does not need to be exact, but the actual
rpice posted may vary. There are stop inputs for Loss and Trailing stops
(I never liked the TS stops).  Try it.

don

---------
{ System :  ForceBuy x4 w/stop }

input : MaxLoss(2),TrailStp(3),Stop_$(0),
        	Buy1Pric(0), Buy1Date(980), Buy1Time(0),
		Buy2Pric(0), Buy2Date(980), Buy2Time(0),
		Buy3Pric(0), Buy3Date(980), Buy3Time(0),
		Buy4Pric(0), Buy4Date(980), Buy4Time(0)  ;
Variables : Gain(0), TradeHi(0), TradeGain(0), Once(0) ;

IF Close > TradeHi  Then TradeHi = Close ;
TradeGain = TradeHi - EntryPrice ;

IF   Buy1Pric >= Low  AND  Buy1Pric <= High
      AND  Date = Buy1Date  AND  CurrentEntries = 0
      AND   ( Time >= Buy1Time  OR  Buy1Time = 0 )
Then BEGIN
       BUY ("Buy1") This Bar ;    TradeHi = Close ;       Once = 1;
End ;

IF   Buy2Pric >= Low  AND  Buy2Pric <= High
      AND  Date = Buy2Date  AND  CurrentEntries = 1
      AND   ( Time >= Buy2Time  OR  Buy2Time = 0 )
Then BEGIN
       BUY   ("Buy2") This Bar ;    TradeHi = Close ;       Once = 1;
End ;

IF   Buy3Pric >= Low  AND  Buy3Pric <= High
      AND  Date = Buy3Date  AND  CurrentEntries = 2
      AND   ( Time >= Buy3Time  OR  Buy3Time = 0 )
Then BEGIN
       BUY  ("Buy3")  This Bar ;    TradeHi = Close ;       Once = 1;
End ;

IF   Buy4Pric >= Low  AND  Buy4Pric <= High
      AND  Date = Buy4Date  AND  CurrentEntries = 3
      AND   ( Time >= Buy4Time  OR  Buy4Time = 0 )
Then BEGIN
       BUY  ("Buy4")  This Bar ;    TradeHi = Close ;       Once = 1;
End ;

IF  MarketPosition = 1
    AND ( Close <=  EntryPrice - MaxLoss  OR Stop_$ > 0 AND C < Stop_$ )
   Then EXITLONG  ("Loss") This Bar ;

IF    MarketPosition = 1 AND TradeGain >= 1
       AND  ( Close  <   TradeHi - TrailStp  OR Stop_$ > 0 AND C <
Stop_$ )
Then EXITLONG ("TrailStop")  This Bar ;