Re: options software

> From: Colin West <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm trying to decide on an options application. Any comments would be
> appreciated. Here's what I've looked at (so far) and my initial opinions:
>
> Omega's OptionStation, an absolute farce!

totally useless, especially requiring to work with the slow server when you
have to put tons of option
symbols with it. some calculations of greeks are still wrong. I am sorry
that I bought this at all.

> Bayview Options, pretty much a toy. Seems to be supported by one person
who
> becomes annoyed if you can't figure it out from his tutorial. It also
> crashes a lot under NT.

On trial of it, no comment yet. so far no crash on my win95 though ...

> OptionVue. Just started evaluating.

have it, tried it on Signal DM, slow and very slow. but, its fundamental
option stuff are all working
and its calculations of option position are all correct ...
trying it on UMDS, but crashed on me a few times and no answer from their
tech support yet.
seems that it does not pull the options (future option) out from the UMDS
correctly yet, which
caused the crashes.

> Optionomics is next

no idea.