OFF TOPIC: 100GB Woes

Just when you thought there may be some progress on the Y2K issue.......

EXPERTS WARN OF THREAT FROM 100GB BUG

Fire Bringer News Service (FBNS) - Experts warned today of a new and deadly
threat to our beleaguered civilization: the 100GB Bug.  As most people
know, McDonald's restaurant signs show the number of  hamburgers the giant
chain has sold. That number now stands at 99 billion burgers, or 99 Giga
burgers (GB). Within months or even weeks, that number will roll over to
100GB. McDonald's signs, however, were designed years ago, when the
prospect of selling one hundred billion hamburgers seemed unthinkably remote.

This means that, after the sale of the 100 billionth burger, McDonald's
signs will read "00 Billion Burgers Sold." This, experts predict, will
convince the public that, in over thirty years, no McDonald's hamburgers
have ever in fact been sold, causing a complete collapse of consumer
confidence in McDonald's products. The ensuing catastrophic drop in sales
is seen as almost certain to force the already-troubled company into
bankruptcy. This, in turn, will push the teetering American economy over
the brink, which, finally, will complete the total devastation of the
global economy, ending civilization as we know it, and forcing us all to
live on beetles.