Re: Bamboozled by "Easy" Language

There is a misconception that TS is incapable of handling this type of
analysis.  The correct way to code this is to put the data number after the
function as shown below.

plot1(Average((C of Data1/C of Data2) data1,20),"RS");

The other functions work the same way.

At 03:11 PM 10/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I know that there are many list members smarter than I when it comes to
>programming.  So, I hope some one of you could take a moment to explain to
>me why the following code does verify in power editor:
>
>( 1) plot1(Average((C of Data1/C of Data2),20),"RS");
>

>Yet, the code below does not verify in power editor:
>
>(2) plot1(XAverage((C of Data1/C of Data2),20),"RS");
>

>nor does this:
>
>(3) RS=XAverage((C of Data1/C of Data2),20);
>(4) plot1(RS,"RS");
>

>Statement (1) works fine. Statement (2) produces an error message along the
>lines of,  "unresolvable data number". Statements (3) and (4) produce an
>error message along the lines of,  "variables and arrays not allowed here".
>
>Clint

William Brower
Publisher of TS Express
Email: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx