RE: Pierre's EL vs VB

  • To: "List, Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pierre's EL vs VB
  • From: "Brian Massey" <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:32:27 -0400 (EST)

Would-be EL programmers are way better off learning VB anyway.  Not only
will they be able to produce systems faster and more reliably in VB than in
EL but their knowledge of progamming will not be limited to just stupid EL
programming.  They'll be positioned to start writing really cool things like
Active X controls, DLL's, COM interfaces, Internet programming and the like.
They wil be able to take their knowledge of BASIC and write full blown
windows applications.  The investment learning to write systems in VB will
pay off a hundred fold more times than learning an isolated, specific and
questionable language like EL by a company like Omega.

B.