RE: OMEGA's Y2K Latest Published Stance?!?!?

"nobody had promised anyone
a Rose Garden..."

This is BU-FU BS!   Ohmagit pressed their ass against the window and ripped
a big one, right in the face of their users.  No Rose Garden there or if
there was it's gone now -- right along with the company!   Their reply was
crap and did absolutely nothing for anyone.  They could have said the same
thing by saying nothing!!!  TS users who need a Y2K patch are no more
assured of getting one in June then they were last June.  How many other
mellenium bugs are waiting to be discovered in TS4.0?  Can charting really
plot beyond the year 2000?  Are all EL functions compatible with y2000?
What about internal monitroing of systems beyond year 2000?  We don't know
how all functions of TS will behave past the year 2000 but I'll bet Omega
does.  In fact, their betting that it will be so screwed up their best bet
is to drag Y2K issue so far out that users will be all but forced to upgrade
to 5.0.  Why produce a patch when the problems in TS4.0 after 2000 are
beyond your wildest imagination and everyone will be forced to upgrade!
When 5.0 comes out most will want to upgrade to 5.0 and those few remaining
with 4 will not be able to complain loud enough.  This is the kind of BS
marketing ploys Ohmagit is renowned for.

Yes, when I buy software I expect it to work for more than a couple years.

B.