RE: Data & Mark Brown Bashers

I know the list is pre-occupied with other topics......

I was searching for some data and one of our list members kindly
forwarded this message.

Yahoo! just extended it's "free" information.  Now you can
download historical data in a spreadsheet format. All you have to
do is select the Table option under any chart you draw, then the
"Download Spreadsheet Format" to get the Open, High, Low, Close
and Volume.

http://chart.yahoo.com/w?s=^VIX

I had a look and yes, you can download Index as well as Stock data for
US and Canadian markets ...those are the only ones I tried.  If you
type   ^spx   you will get the index if    IBM    then the Stock........
if you type Al.To  then Alcan on the Toronto market.

I'm sure you can work out the rest for yourself.

By the way all of you 'MB' bashers.  I would like you to note that he
has helped more newbie traders understand trading and coding than you
think.  You are not helping the list in your attacks ....and you're just
jawboning ..... you have done little or nothing to contribute to the
list except occupy space.  Take some time off tonight and think over
what you are doing.  Find something others will find useful.... and post
that.  Give you a few examples....indicator code...system
code...functions....sources for data....take your pick.

 I don't use to much of this stuff  lately....so don't send it me
directly....I'll ask you about it if I'm interested.

Good trading

John