Re: Bill Eykyn OOOPS

here's my problem with bill. he's spamming his "free" manual on this
list. fine, mention it once a month, sit down, and shut up. so far, no
problem.

my problem is with the informericial he wrote in the monthly dbc/bmi
newsletter rag.  most all of the guys who write in these things are
selling something. if not now, but as a prelude to selling something
in the future.

here's the pattern: first you spam a trading list, usually quoting a
published source for your genuine concern (bmi thingy) in wanting to
help your fellow trader. then you "give" something away for "free",
follow up the freebie with the "positively can't lose make all the
money you want" $3,000 course, seminar, whatever, thus hooking you for
additional software, training newsletter, daily fax, yearly tune-up
courses and on and on. these spam-motions can end up costing you a
bundle by the time you break free of the trading "cult."

my best recommendation is the same one i've preached to this list over
and over in the past few months: do the damn work yourself and forget
the quickies offered by trading gurus. if the guy's honest, then he
will not follow the pattern i mentioned above. but also remember that
you cannot test a discretionary approach unless you can produce a long
real time track record.  when you feel that hand in your pocket
groping for your wallet, then demand that they "show you the money" or
get the hell outta of your life!

TJ

been around the block a few times too; that's why i'm so damn cynical

---Robert W Cummings <robertwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
not so sure Bill Eykyn is not for real. I think his spaming is what
prompted these replies.