Re: I give up.

Phil Lane wrote:

> At 03:45 PM 10/27/98 -0800, Neal wrote:
> >Phi, are you having a day worse than mine?
>
> I was having a fine day until I downloaded the Omega list.
> Nea1, how do you know that this stuff doesn't do more HARM than good? Are
> you willing to accept the responsibility? I'm still waiting for you to
> answer these questions.
>
> I've been trying to make an IMPORTANT POINT lately but feel like a voice
> crying in the wilderness. That being that it's a BIG MISTAKE to listen to,
> care about, or especially to seek out the Market Opinion of others. When
> they lay it on you unsolicited you should run the other way. And when they
> start telling you how they were Right on this or that you should recognize
> it for what it is: Blatant self promotion, insidiously designed to appeal
> to those who are weak in their convictions and confused in their opinion.
>
> In my own sick mind I feel like if I could just get people to see this
> point they could potentially save a lot of money. That's my motivation. But
> I do hereby give up. Everybody has to learn the hard way.
>
> P.S. To the bottom buyer in corn: Did I understand that this was Neal's
> idea? Here's another idea: Everytime it goes down another 5% you should
> double up. Then when you get a margin call you can get a cash advance on
> your visa card. Finally when you're flat broke you can go ask Neal for
> help.
Phil,
As a relative newbie to trading and this list (two years) I love to read
opinions of others about the market. I believe it helps you form your
own opinion about a very complicated subject. Over time you'll filter
out the hype and occasionally find some gem observations to add to your
own ongoing education. As far as believing in someone or someway hook
line and sinker- well that's just foollish, although some have to go
through some of this on the learning curve. I know I did. I mean I got
introduced to futures by the "cowboy". As I learned quickly- he was just
a beginning. I thank him for that.  Regards,   Harry