A New Gambling Theory

Read and get your own conclusions, specially the number crunchers,
others like
me just weep, because can't understand it myself.

Its not specifically about the markets, but an experimentation on coin
flipping, scientifically. And his conclusion is, you cannot conclude
anything !!!! That the human
mind is not capable of understanding yet!

-----------------------------------

Some food for thought,

I don't doubt Ed's claim at all, in fact Ed, I sincerely offer my help
in developing the technology. As you might
suspect from the following description, I am an engineer and scientist.

I personally have sent information back in time. All I can say is that
after first hand experimentation it is obvious
that our human intelligence is simply pathetic.

After researching the effects of human thought on random events as
performed in thousands of experiments at
Princeton and elsewhere, I had to know for myself. I purchased a random
number generator which generates two
streams of binary data by clocking the amplified quantum noise of two
zener diodes (I presume biased just into the
breakdown threshold such that the tunnelling effect rather than
avalanche occurs).

The outputs of these two data streams are like flipping two coins
approximately 8000 times per second each. The
two data streams are then exclusive ORed with each other in hardware. I
wrote software which charts the ratio of
heads vs. total number of flips. While chance is 50%, as confirmed in
non-attended control sessions, I achieved a
mean average deviation in my first 9 15-minute trials which exceeded
chance by over 10,000:1.

But what makes this unbelievably humbling are two additional
considerations:

First, every eight flips I reversed the meaning of the data in order to
eliminate first order bias in the data. This
means that while flips 1-8 were treated as the data was recorded - thus
a Head equaled a Head - flips 9-16 were
then reversed and a Head became a Tail. Thus, in order to impact the
ratio away from 50%, the effect of intention
had to alternately generate more heads and then more tails and then more
heads, etc. at the rate of about
960Hz. What's more is that the effect had to synchronize itself to the
system as a whole, effecting the hardware
while taking into account the software which followed it - an awesome
feat to say the least.

Second, I successfully replicated the results of other experimenters in
effecting the outcome backwards in time. I
recorded data onto disk without viewing its results. I then tried to
effect its value the following day. After
achieving results exceeding chance of about 1000:1 I was convinced of
this too. I experimented by having others
view the final results before I made my attempt to influence the data
and found that the results then fell within
chance.

Some people are trying to produce theories, but they have no idea what's
going on. Neither do I, but my ignorant
bias is that our conciousness experiences a reality, tightly constrained
within some manifold in a hyperdimensional
reality which our feeble minds can only hope to ponder someday. I can
only say that the experience significantly
expanded the domain of my mind which I had previously thought to be very
open.

Scott Ellis