Re: Bill Eykyn OOOPS

Barry Burgess wrote:

> I attended an evening at DBC signal at the beginning of the year, where BE
> spoke about his soon to be released manual.
> >From what I can recollect his OOOPS system at the time was Higher
> high/Higher Low /lower close of Larry Williams - who gives the code away
> for free.
> Bills other system at the time revolved around classic pivots (S1,S2,R1,R2)
> and recalulating these at 12.30am EST .
> I do not know what will be in the manual but that what I remember.

Actually Larry Williams coined the phrase OOPS to describe a gap open
below yesterday's low. You buy when the price crosses above that low.
Sells are reversed. Raschke and Connors added an ADX filter in their ADX
Gapper system.

>From the unsolicited gif I received from Mr. Eykyn (complete with
glowing self-promotion), it appears that the entry is indeed a Williams
OOPS trade. Of course, I'm sure Mr. Eykyn is paying Larry Williams to
copy his work so it should be no problem. :-)

The pivots appear to be as Barry describes above. You can download a
pivot indicator from the Omega ftp site and easily recode it to
recalculate at 12:30. Or, you can pay Mr. Eykyn $300 for his book. :-)

If find it particularly amusing that, in his gif/spam, Mr. Eykyn
ridicules indicators and systems when his chart is covered with one of
the oldest indicators around (R1, R2, S1, S2) and his entry is based on
one of the oldest systems (OOPS).

It would be particularly easy to code all this as a TS system but then,
of course, Mr. Eykyn's suc... err customers would be able to backtest
his ideas.

--
   Dennis